Teller/Customer Service Representative
Reports To: Teller Supervisor/Branch Manager
Position Description: This position provides prompt, efficient and courteous service to customers while processing transactions, answering questions, researching questions/concerns and cross-selling financial services. Treats customers and fellow team members in a courteous and respectful manner at all times. Must be able to lift and carry approximately 25 pounds and be able to stand for long periods of time. Must be willing to commute to and work at any of the Badger Bank locations should the need arise.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Serve all customers in a courteous and professional manner
- Greet each customer in a friendly, courteous manner whether in person or by phone.
- Carefully evaluate each customer’s needs.
- Identify each customer according to policies, ensuring service to the appropriate customer.
- Listen to each situation carefully and research and resolve problems. Refer them to the appropriate department if needed.
- Cross-sell or make referrals to the appropriate department.
- Close the transaction in a positive and professional manner showing appreciation for their business.
Provide direct customer services
- Respond to inquiries from customer and branch staff regarding problems with accounts and services.
- Serve as a liaison between the customer and other departments regarding customer problems, need for information and account features and services.
- Counsel and assess customers’ needs, answer questions regarding account services, being able to explain the process or policy.
- Review all documents completed for accuracy, readability and completeness.
Maintain a high level of knowledge in all programs
- Keep current on all policy or procedure changes and updates by remaining involved in ongoing training programs. Must complete all assigned online training courses, attend the all-employee annual meeting, along with any other training assigned.
- Educate the customer on all program changes.
- Maintain a degree of knowledge of all forms and their proper completion.
- Initiate ideas to enhance office and operational goals and efficiency.
- Must stay current on compliance regulations relating to customer transactions.
Operate a teller window
- Prepare work station each day by maintaining current and sufficient amount of supplies.
- Maintain professional teller station, keeping the station clean and organized.
- Ensure proper cash drawer security by maintaining appropriate levels of cash and keeping those funds under exclusive control and locking the drawer regularly.
- Receive and disperse all negotiable items including cash, checks, personal and bank money orders.
- Balance cash drawer daily to teller totals on the computer system.
Perform related duties to branch operations
- Provide safe deposit box services.
- Process and balance night deposit transactions.
- Answer the phone as needed.
- Provide backup support to other branches and departments.
- Complete image processing of customer and bank transactions.
- Must arrive promptly at designated time.
- Must be available to work Saturday mornings as scheduled.
Education and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Strong accuracy and service delivery as demonstrated by internal teller standards.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, accuracy and problem solving skills.
- Skill in the use of basic computer programs.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Any and all other duties as assigned by management. May be requested to take on additional duties that are not listed in this job description.
Please contact Candy Allard at Callard@badgerbank.bank or 920.563.2478 for an application.